Sunday, November 3, 2013

Best Literary Characters Ever

Characters are the heart of the story. They're what keeps us coming back. We like to see them struggle and succeed. Some characters are so real, it's like they're family. We go on this epic journey with them and by the time we finish the book, it can be hard to put it down. It's like saying good bye to a best friend. So I've decided to compile a list of my favorite literary characters of all time. This is by no means a complete list. There are so many characters out there. These are just the ones I thought of. There are some that I've forgotten. And many more that I have yet to meet.

So without any further ado...
The Best Literary Characters Ever:

8. Don Quixote (from Don Quixote)

7. Janie Crawford (Their Eyes Were Watching God)

6. Scarlett O'Hara (Gone with the Wind)

5. Benvolio (from Romeo and Juliet)

4. Hamlet (and Horatio from Hamlet)

3. Anne (of Green Gables)

2. Huck (and Jim, of course! from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)

...and my number one favorite character of all time...

1. Scout Finch (and Calpurnia and Atticus and Uncle Jack--Can I just include the entire cast from To Kill a Mockingbird?)

Wow, only 8. I need to start reading something other than comic books!

No comments:

Post a Comment